Monday, October 31, 2016

24 Days of Gratitude: Focusing on People Not Things

24 Days of Gratitude: I’ve done “24 Days of Gratitude” leading up to Thanksgiving before. But this year I’m doing it differently. One, I’m putting it on my blog. And two, rather than doing the vague, almost impersonal “things” I’m thankful for--“friendship,” “second chances,” “indoor plumbing”--I’m doing my list of 24 people I’m grateful for in my life. This is harder. This will require more tact. This will involve other people and is much more likely to expose my vulnerabilities and personal feelings. But Brené Brown says people love that stuff, so here it goes. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to post every day for a while. Hopefully this is turning over a new blogging leaf. And we'll see if anyone reads this stuff...

1: Day 24: I’m Grateful for John Lee Dumas
2: Day 23: I’m Grateful for Dan Wells
3: Day 22: I’m Grateful for Brandon Sanderson
4: Day 21: I’m Grateful for Ginny
5: Day 20: I’m Grateful for Charlotte
6: Day 19: I’m Grateful for Finn
7: Day 18: I’m Grateful for Graham
8: Day 17: I’m Grateful for Mom
9: Day 16: I’m Grateful for Dad
10: Day 15: I’m Grateful for Todd
11: Day 14: I’m Grateful for Robyn
12: Day 13: I’m Grateful for Scott
13: Day 12: I’m Grateful for Jeff
14: Day 11: I’m Grateful for Cameron
15: Day 10: I’m Grateful for Jared
16: Day 9: I’m Grateful for Nick
17: Day 8: I’m Grateful for Jeff
18: Day 7: I’m Grateful for Chase
19: Day 6: I’m Grateful for Larry
20: Day 5: I’m Grateful for Cathy
21: Day 4: I’m Grateful for Jared
22: Day 3: I’m Grateful for Adam  
23: Day 2: I’m Grateful for Grandma
24: Day 1: I’m Grateful for Jesus Christ

No comments: